Based in Singapore, Aldrina constantly explores the use of colour across documentary, fashion and music photography. A former sub-editor with Reuters Pictures and Getty Images, her works have been published in BBC.com, Reuters, Getty Images, Yahoo and Rolling Stone.
In 2016, Aldrina was one of the selected participants of a Magnum Photos Workshop under the guidance and mentorship of celebrated documentary photographer Matt Black. Her series, “Date with the Night” was exhibited as part of a group show by the twelve internationally-selected participants at Deck in Singapore.
Awards and Mentions
- Selected participant, Magnum Photos Workshop under mentorship and guidance of Matt Black in Singapore, October 2016. “Date with the Night” was exhibited as part of a group show during in the Singapore International Photography Festival.
- Honourable Mention in Mobile Photography Awards 2013 (Travel by Trover)
- Honourable Mention in Mobile Photography Awards 2013 (Food/Beverage)
- Royal Holloway and Bedford New College, University of London — BSc Psychology (Second Upper Class Honours), 1999
- Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts – Certificate in Basic Visual Communication, 2010